Abstract Submission Information
The following information is provided to assist speakers with submitting an abstract and in preparing for their presentation for the Conference.
Speaker Types & Times
The Aboriginal Drug and Alcohol Council (SA) Aboriginal Corporation (ADAC) is accepting abstracts for:
- Presentations (approx. 25min in duration)
- Workshops (approx. 60 – 90min in duration).
Abstract Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- Abstracts must be submitted by Friday 24 April 2020 via the Conference website online system.
- Abstract titles should be restricted to no more than 12 words in length.
- Abstracts are to be 200 – 300 words.
- Abbreviations should not be used in the title or body of the text.
- Abstracts must relate to the Conference theme.
- Biographies of approximately 100 words for each speaker must be provided at the time of submission. Please write these in the third person and use full sentences rather than dot points.
- Wherever possible, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander speakers are strongly encouraged to present or accompany the presentation.
- Any permission for use of Indigenous material in presentations should be obtained by the speakers prior to submission.
- Powerpoint presentations are to be submitted at the time of the Conference to the audio visual crew at the venue.
- Speakers will be notified in writing of the result of their submission by Tuesday 30 June 2020.
- Biographies may include speaker/s positions, career details and major work achievements to date. Biographies are only to be provided for people who will be presenting at the Conference.
- Biographies will be published in Conference material and be used when introducing speakers at the Conference. Biographies can be edited at any stage by logging in using your access key or by advising the Conference Organiser at email@example.com
- Workshops are intended to be instructional and skill-building. In addition to an abstract all proposed workshops should include a clear list of training objectives. Note: this information is not included in the 200-300 word abstract count.
- All abstracts will be published online prior to the Conference and outlined in the Conference Handbook. Powerpoint presentations may be published online after the Conference.
- All speakers must identify themselves to their session chairperson in their presentation room at the start of the break prior to the start of their session.
You must have registered and logged into the website as per the instructions above before you can begin submitting abstracts for review.
This guide assumes you have logged in and returned to this page.
- Click the button marked New Abstract
- Enter asuitable title no more than 12 words in length and provide a brief introduction in the text area below the title field.
- In the attachments area, please add your presentation files, biographies and any relevant documents by clicking the Choose File buttons below. There are 6 attachment slots for you to use, however you do not need to use all of them.
- In the Event Information section, select the 5th National Indigenous Drug & Alcohol Conference 2016 and select either Speaker or Workshop in the topic area.
- Under Presenter Information Add the name and email of the primary presenter first, to add additional presenters click the + button.
- Click the Save button to conclude the submission process. You can return at any time to make edits and feedback will be delivered via this page.
- Finally ensure that you logout, especially if you are not using a personal computer. Please remember you will need to log in again to view your feedback, however you will receive an email whenever your attention is required.