The following information is provided to assist speakers with submitting an abstract and in preparing for their presentation for the Conference.
Speaker Types & Times
The Aboriginal Drug and Alcohol Council (SA) Aboriginal Corporation (ADAC) is accepting abstracts for:
- Presentations (approx. 25min in duration)
- Workshops (approx. 60 – 90min in duration).
Abstract Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- Abstracts must be submitted by Thursday 31 May 2018 via the Conference website online system.
- Abstract titles should be restricted to no more than 12 words in length.
- Abstracts are to be 200 – 300 words.
- Abbreviations should not be used in the title or body of the text.
- Abstracts must relate to the Conference theme.
- Biographies of approximately 100 words for each speaker must be provided at the time of submission. Please write these in the third person and use full sentences rather than dot points.
- Wherever possible, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander speakers are strongly encouraged to present or accompany the presentation.
- Any permission for use of Indigenous material in presentations should be obtained by the speakers prior to submission.
- All speakers are expected to register and pay to attend the Conference by Friday 10 August 2018.
- Powerpoint presentations are to be submitted at the time of the Conference to the audio visual crew at the venue.
- Speakers will be notified in writing of the result of their submission by Friday 13 July 2018.
- Biographies may include speaker/s positions, career details and major work achievements to date. Biographies are only to be provided for people who will be presenting at the Conference.
- Biographies will be published in Conference material and be used when introducing speakers at the Conference. Biographies can be edited by logging in using your login or by advising the Conference Organiser at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Workshops are intended to be instructional and skill-building. In addition to an abstract all proposed workshops should include a clear list of training objectives. Note: this information is not included in the 200-300 word abstract count.
- All abstracts will be published online prior to the Conference and outlined in the Conference Handbook. Powerpoint presentations may be published online after the Conference.
- All speakers must identify themselves to their session chairperson in their presentation room at the start of the break prior to the start of their session.
Online Process for Abstract Registration & Submission
When you commence the abstract submission process you will be asked to sign in.
If you have not signed in before you will need to sign up first, do this by selecting the sign-up button. You will then be asked to register for this site by entering a username and email, once entered, click the register button. Registration confirmation will be emailed to you. Once you receive this email follow the instructions to set your password. Make sure you keep a record of your username and password for future use. You are now ready to submit your abstract.
To submit your abstract:
- Click the button marked New Abstracts
- In the Title box enter a suitable title (no more than 12 words in length).
- Enter the detail of your abstract (200 – 300 words in length) in the section below this.
- In the attachments area, add a biography for each of speakers who will be presenting should your abstract be accepted.
- In the Event Information section, select either speaker or workshop according to the type of presentation you are submitting.
- Under Author (Presenter) Information add the name, email and affiliation (organisation) of the primary presenter first, followed by any additional presenters, click the + button to do this. Please only enter the names of the individuals who will be actually presenting at the Conference.
- Submit your abstract by pressing the submit button which is found at the beginning of the abstract submission process. You must have entered all the fields to enable this to be submitted.
- Finally ensure that you logout, especially if you are not using a personal computer.
- Please note you can return at any time up to the close off date to make edits.